How to fix one shoulder being higher than the other? Before fixing it you need to understand what is an uneven shoulder? An uneven shoulder is when one shoulder is higher than the other. And this imbalance can be caused by so many issues during your development as a young kid or adult.
The imbalanced of the shoulder can be caused by always using one side of your body or always carrying a bag or heavy object on one side of the body. These issues are common muscular skeletal imbalances in your body. Muscular imbalances can be caused by playing sports that put you in uneven position positions for extended periods of time such as golf, baseball, tennis, etc.
How to fix one shoulder being higher than the other?
Other Things That Cause Imbalanced Shoulders
- Sitting for extended periods of time every day in a sedentary lifestyle.
- Overuse of shoulders
- Extreme poor posture
- Shoulders injuries that didn’t heal fully
- Weak Muscles
- Uneven hips
- Sleeping in incorrect positions for prolonged periods of time
- Pinched nerve
Some of the symptoms of uneven shoulders are tightness and shoulder pain. Also pain in the neck and the lower back. So, these types of imbalances can cause a lot of discomfort.
What Are The Best Ways To Fix Uneven Shoulders?
- Incorporating regular exercise in your body such as yoga, swimming, martial arts and even rowing can help realign the body better.
- Getting treatment from a chiropractor or even a physiotherapist can help relieve muscle tension and increase flexibility while loosening your muscles. Any type of shoulder physical therapy is helpful.
- Make sure you avoid standing in awkward posture positions. Be mindful of your posture when you are sleeping, sitting down and even standing up.
Shoulder Exercises You Can Do To Treat Your Imbalance
- Shoulder Blade Squeezes– While your standing squeeze your shoulder blades together and down and do this for 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Reverse Prayer Position- Have the back of your hands together behind your back with your fingers pointing downwards. Open your chest and bring your shoulders back. Flip your hands so that your fingers are pointing up. Bring your palms together and draw your elbows back. And stay in this pose for 30 seconds and do this for about 3 sets.
- Reverse Fly– Standing with your feet shoulder width apart with the dumbbells in each hand. Bend your torso slightly while Lift your arms up and out while contracting your shoulders with the dumbbells. Do this for 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Over Head External Shoulder Rotation– Hold the dumbbell in your right hand. And lift your arm up so your elbow is at shoulder height and your hand is down. Rotate your shoulder while bringing your arm up with palms facing upward towards the ceiling. Switch hands to your left hand and do this for 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
- Shoulder Raise– Bring your arms to your sides while your spine is aligned. Squeeze and lift your shoulders towards your ear like you are doing a shoulder shrug. Hold this position for a couple of seconds and then relax your shoulders back down. Do this for about 20 to 25 seconds for 3 sets.
The Bottom Line is it does take a couple of months to see progress from doing these exercises and obtaining additional treatment. If you don’t see any change within a couple of months, then you should consult with your doctor.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness or health goals.
You can get a discount below at this link.