What are some good snacks for building muscle? Protein is the essential building block to muscle gain and maintenance. And without getting enough protein in your diet it is difficult to maintain or even gain any lean muscle mass. Fruits and vegetables have its purpose in the nutrition healthy pyramid but that is not what is going to be integral to lean muscle mass gain.
Anytime you put any type of protein snack or food in your mouth just know that you are feeding you body the important nutrients for muscle gain and maintenance. The more lean muscle you have the faster your resting metabolic rate will be also known as your metabolism. So, what exactly are those protein snacks or food you should be eating for a healthy muscle gain?
- Chicken Breast– a 6-ounce chicken breast has about 52 grams of high-quality protein. It also contains B Vitamins, Niacin and B6.
- Shrimp– 3 ounces of Shrimp has about 18 grams of protein and it contains a high amount of leucine which is an amino acid that is integral for muscle growth.
- Beans– whether be kidney, pinto, black, etc. has an excellent high-quality amount of protein. Once cup of cooked beans has about 15 grams of protein. And if you are following a plant-based diet beans are a desirable alternative protein source for vegetarians.
- Quinoa is also a suitable alternative source of protein for people following a plant-based diet. One cup contains about 8 grams of protein, and it also contain 40 grams of carbs and it also has a good amount of magnesium.
- Almonds is a good protein snack that you can eat in between meals. And a half cup contains 16 grams of protein. And it contains Vitamin E, Magnesium and Phosphorous.
- Tofu is a viable alternative protein snack for vegans and vegetarians. One half cup of tofu contains about 10 grams of protein, Soy protein is what is in Tofu, and it is of the highest quality in plant proteins.
“Protein is an essential building block to muscle gain and maintenance”
These are protein foods and/or snacks that you can eat regularly to help you maintain or gain muscle depending on your specific fitness & health goals. The best health medicine is healthy clean whole foods. Slow digesting proteins are foods that take time to digest and have a slow glycemic index and those foods are beef, lamb, pork, fish, nuts, seeds, etc.
These are high protein packed foods you can eat as a in between snack or part of your meal. You would only take protein powder if you aren’t getting enough protein from your regular foods which many North Americans are deficient in. Try as best as possible to get all your protein and essential amino acids from foods and then supplement the rest if you need it with a whey or casein protein supplement.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness or health goals, you can go to https://ethicalinc.com/product/multivitamin/