What are the best soluble fiber foods for losing weight? Fiber adds volume without adding extra calories. Spinach is a good fiber food that is low in calories and high in nutrients that will assist with weight loss.
It is high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. One cup of spinach has about 2.2 grams of fiber and it contains about 23 calories. There have been many large studies that have revealed that eating one gram of fiber is associated with a lower body weight.
A 20-month study of 252 women found that eating one gram of fiber daily their weight decreased by 0.5 pounds. This study is a small sample, but it gives you an idea of how impactful eating fiber daily is to weight loss and weight maintenance.
What are the best soluble fiber foods for losing weight? Photo Credit: iStock- bit245
When you eat dietary fiber, it does the following to your health:
- It takes up so much volume in your stomach and it slows down your digestive system and the result are making you fuller.
- Fiber also helps to move the waste from your body more efficiently. Insoluble fiber bulks up the stool while soluble fiber forms a gelatinous mixture that makes stool to easier pass. And it also promotes a healthy gut bacteria.
- It also helps to reduce your cholesterol level. And the fiber that is in your digestive tract can help reduce your cholesterol absorption.
- It can also help to promote and balance your blood sugar levels.
- Eating enough high fiber diet foods can provide protection against different types of cancer such as colon cancer. A good example is a fiber in apple that has pectin. And pectin has antioxidant properties that can help fight off chronic diseases.
- If you drink up to 6 to 8 glasses of water daily while eating high fiber foods regularly it will help you to minimize any bloating or gas that you may experience.
The National Academy of Medicine recommends that adults males eat at least 38 grams of fiber per day. And it recommends adult females to eat 25 grams fiber per day.
“Eating enough high fiber diet foods can provide protection against different types of cancer such as colon cancer. A good example is a fiber in apple that has pectin. And pectin has antioxidant properties that can help fight off chronic diseases.” Celebrity Fitness & Nutrition Expert Obi Obadike
Some of the Top Fiber Foods are:
Black Beans has a good source of magnesium, calcium, and potassium. ½ cup of Black Beans is about 109 calories and has about 8.3 grams of fiber.
Broccoli has about 2.4 grams of fiber per 1 cup and has 31 calories.
Carrots is a fiber nutrient packed vegetable that is high in beta carotene and Vitamin A. One cup of carrots has about 45 calories and 3.1 grams of fiber.
Pears has a good source of Vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. One medium number of pears contains 5.1 grams of fiber, and it has 101 calories.
Oatmeal is a great carbohydrate and fiber meal. It has a 4.1 grams of fiber per one cup and 155 calories.
Barley is a good fiber that could be used on soups, salads, stews. It contains fiber and B vitamins. One cup of barley has about 3 grams of fiber and contains 97 calories.
Raspberries is a fruit that contains a good amount of fiber and high essential fatty acids. One cup of raspberries contains 6.2 grams of fiber and has 52 calories.
Wheat Bran has a high amount of fiber, and this can be used on breakfast foods such as waffles and pancakes. ¼ cup of wheat bran contains 6 grams of fiber and it contains 50 calories.
Lima Beans can be used in soups and stir fries. It has a rich solid amount of fiber and ½ cup contains about 4.6 grams and 105 calories.
Almonds is a popular tree nut that contains healthy fats, vitamin e, and manganese. 3 tablespoons of almonds have about 4 grams of fiber.
Quinoa has a lot of fiber and is a popular food about health-conscious people. The nutrients it has is manganese, iron, zinc, potassium, and antioxidants. One cup of quinoa has about 5.2 grams of fiber.
Sweet Potatoes has a popular healthy carbohydrate food. It contains beta carotene, B vitamins and other minerals. One medium sweet potato has about 3.8 grams of fiber.
The Bottom Line is fiber is a healthy nutrient that promotes weight loss, supports cholesterol levels, balances blood sugar levels, and promotes positive gut health.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness, weight loss or health goals. You can go to https://ethicalinc.com/product/appetite-suppressant/
- Larry A. Tucker, Kathryn S. Thomas, Increasing Total Fiber Intake Reduces Risk of Weight and Fat Gains in Women, The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 139, Issue 3, March 2009, Pages 576–581, https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.108.096685