How much weight can I lose in 2 weeks? Well, the National Institute Of Health recommends that a healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds per week. Losing weight should be a steady and slow process. And if you lose weight too quickly you can lose lean muscle mass which affects your metabolism. Also, when you lose water in a rapid way it is mostly water which is caused by glycogen depletion.
How much weight can I lose in 2 weeks?
Losing weight is not a sprint race it is a marathon. And it is a gradual slow process like you are building a house. Quick rapid weight loss is dangerous and counterproductive to your health. Most people that lose weight in a rapid way gain the weight back. In 2 weeks, you realistically can lose 4 to 6 pounds which is achievable and healthy.
How Much Weight Can I Lose In 2 Weeks?
Weight Loss Tips:
- Nutrition. Have you ever heard of the saying you can’t out exercise a bad diet? It means that regardless of how much exercise you do your nutrition will always be the primary thing in directing your weight loss vs weight gain.
- Fruits and vegetables should be with every meal which satisfies and fulfils you. Whole grains, carbs and proteins should be with every meal. Fruits like apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, etc. Vegetables like broccoli, spinach, garden salad, asparagus. Whole grains like barley, oatmeal, wheat bread, etc.
- Carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice, beans, etc. Proteins like fish, chicken, lean beef, salmon, shrimp, etc. Balance in how you eat is so important in any healthy weight loss program you are on. Extreme dieting such as no carb diets, low carb diets, high fats diets, 800 calorie diets are counterproductive to long terms weight-loss.
- Exercise. You have to get off the couch and move whether it be walking, jogging, swimming, sprinting, gardening, step climbing, dancing. Moving for at least 30 minutes a day is essential to weight loss and helps with creating that caloric deficit. Adding weight-training or strength training on top of the cardio helps with assisting weight loss.
- Weight training adds lean muscle mass to your body. And the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism will be. Cardiovascular training alone is not enough unfortunately. But if you combine weights and cardio together that is a powerful weight-loss combination.
- Being Mindful Of Calories. How many calories you consume in a day is critical in weight loss vs weight gain. Creating a food diary log of all the foods you eat in a day will help you keep yourself accountable to your daily calorie goals. You lose weight when you are eating fewer calories then you burn. And that is how a caloric deficit is achieved.
- Stress. The more stress you have in your life the harder it will be for you to lose weight. Your cortisol levels raise up and it affects your ability to lose weight. So, try to stay away from stressful situations especially if you are on a weight-loss plan.
- Sleep. Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep will also help with weight loss. When your body is deprived of sleep it can affect your metabolism.
- Genetics and Gender. The genetic lottery that has been bestowed to you plays a part in your weight loss and your also gender plays a part. Men typically lose weight faster than women because of the hormonal differences. So, women can lose weight, but it is at a slower rate than men at times.
“Losing weight is not a sprint it is a marathon”- Celebrity Fitness & Nutrition Expert Obi Obadike
The Bottom Line: Losing weight the gradual steady way is the best approach to body fat loss then something that is drastic or rapid. If you lose 1 to 2 pounds per week then you are on the right track and you are doing good.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness or health goals.
You can go to