Calcium and why you need it? Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals the body needs. It also plays a role in heart health, muscle functioning and nerve signaling. So how is it important and how much do we need?
Calcium and why you need it?
Nobody wants to have broken bones or bad teeth and that’s why we all need our daily calcium intake to maintain those important things in our body. We all want to be healthy while establishing good nutrition so we can have minimal health issues as we get older.
Foods that are high in Calcium
If you think that calcium is limited to milk or dairy products, think again. There are many food options when it comes to maintaining a balanced diet.
- Yoghurt has an excellent high source of calcium. One cup contains about 34% of the daily value that you need.
- Almonds are the extremely high in calcium and 23 nuts of almonds which is 1 cup of almonds comes out to 6% of the daily recommended needs.
- Leafy green vegetables are not only healthy and good for you they also contain a good amount of calcium. And 1 cup of leafy vegetables contains about 21% of your daily recommended value.
- Tofu and Edamame beans which is a common food that vegetarians eat as a protein source. ½ cup of Tofu cooked comes out to 66% of daily value of your calcium. And 1 cup of edamame beans comes out to 6%.
- Canned salmon is not only healthy for the heart and gives you a good healthy amount of protein. A 3 oz canned salmon contains 19%.
- Beans are not only high fiber, protein, iron, and zinc but One cup of cooked beans contains about 19% of the daily value of calcium.
- Chesses – Once ounce of cheese is about 19% of daily value of calcium.
- Seeds contain protein and healthy fats. 1 cup of seeds is equaled to 10% of the daily value of calcium.
How much should I be getting per day?
Calcium is important for the health of your bones, teeth, and muscles. And if you want to maintain your health, try to get the recommended daily value of 1000 mg of calcium per day.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness, weight loss or health goals. You can get a discount below at this link.