1. EligibilityYou agree that by using this Site or registering for membership, you are at least 18 years of age if you are a resident of the United States or otherwise the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, or at least 13 years of age, visiting under the supervision and consent of a parent or guardian, and legally able to enter into a contract. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time.
2. ModificationsWe reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of the Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date the Terms of Service was last revised. You may read a current, effective copy of the Terms of Service at any time by selecting the “Terms of Service” link on the Site. Your continued use of the Site or services after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms of Service so you are aware of any revision to which you are bound. If you do not agree to abide by this or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Site.
3. SiteWe grant you a limited license to access and use the Site for your personal use, and to copy, distribute, transmit and print the content of this Site only to the extent that such copying, distribution and transmission is automatically done through your browser software incidentally to using the Site for your personal use, or as otherwise set forth below as it relates to the Ethical Inc. Service. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this Site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings or descriptions; any derivative use of this Site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots or data gathering and extraction tools. Ethical Inc. grants you a nonexclusive, non transferable, revocable, limited license to view, download, copy and print content retrieved from www.ethicalinc.com only for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that you do not remove or obscure any copyright notice, trademark notice, or other proprietary rights notices displayed on or in connection with the content. Except as permitted above, this Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Ethical Inc.. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Ethical Inc.’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Ethical Inc.. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Ethical Inc.. We reserve the right to change any information, features and functions of the Site without prior notice. We may refuse service, cancel orders, terminate accounts and/or deny access to any or all parts of this Site if you engage in any conduct or activities that we determine, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms of Service, our rights or the rights of any third party. Use of the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to cancel orders due to suspected fraudulent activity at our sole discretion. The sale or linking of our products on or to any third party e-commerce site, marketplace or mobile application without our specific written consent is prohibited.
4. Restrictions on Use of the Ethical Inc. ServicesYour use of the Ethical Inc. Services and the related licenses granted hereunder are conditioned upon you not doing any of the following in connection with using the Ethical Inc. Services:
5. Using the Ethical Inc. ServicesNotwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms of Service, You agree that if you use the Ethical Inc. Services, you are accepting these Services on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, regardless of anything to the contrary stated anywhere else. Ethical Inc., Ethical Inc. Apps and its affiliates disclaim all warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.”
6. Guidelines for Using the Ethical Inc. ServicesYour use of the Ethical Inc. Services and the related licenses granted hereunder are also conditioned upon your strict adherence to the letter and spirit of the various applicable guidelines detailed on the Ethical Services. We may modify such guidelines at our sole discretion at any time. We reserve the right to terminate your account and access if it is determined that you have violated any such applicable guidelines.
8. Subscription Process on the Ethical Inc. ServicesYou may purchase a subscription offered by Ethical Inc., subject to the terms below:
8.1 SUBSCRIPTIONSIf you purchase a Supplement, Fitness or Nutrition program subscription, you will receive your item/s at the frequency you select containing the products that you select. If you purchase a single-item subscription, you will receive the product at the frequency you select. You may log into your account and customize your subscriptions at any time. For single-item subscriptions, you can select the quantity of the product and the frequency of each shipment and advance or delay the next shipment as you wish. If you do not update your subscription selections for any given shipment, we will automatically send you the selections from your previous shipment. Subscriptions continue until you cancel. We will charge the subscription price plus applicable taxes and shipping & handling to your default payment method when we ship your first subscription order. You will continue to be charged the subscription price plus applicable taxes and shipping charges at the time of each shipment for all subsequent orders until you choose to cancel. Subscriptions will be shipped at the interval you chose when placing your first subscription order unless you change the shipping frequency of your subscription. You may cancel your subscription(s) at any time. To cancel your subscription(s), you can do so online at any time by emailing Ethical Support at email@example.com. Please note subscriptions cannot be cancelled via Facebook or other forms of social media. No refunds given after products are shipped.
9. Billing and Payments on the Ethical Inc website.We accept the following bank or credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal. For your convenience, we will save your bank or credit card information. You may be charged local tax, if applicable. If your payment method is declined, we will attempt to process your charge until the transaction is approved. We and our third party payment service providers may request, and we may receive, updated credit card information from your credit card issuer, such as updated card numbers and expiration date information when your credit card has expired. If such updated information is provided to us and our third-party payment service providers, we will update your account information accordingly, and will use such updated information to process payments for your future purchases and subscriptions. Your credit card issuer may give you the right to opt out of providing vendors and third-party payment service providers with your updated credit card information. If you wish to opt out of your credit card’s updating service, you should contact your credit card issuer. We are not responsible for any fees or charges that your bank or credit card issuer may apply. If your bank or credit card issuer reverses a charge to your credit card, we may bill your account directly and seek payment by another method including a mailed statement. The risk of loss and title for items purchased by you passes to you upon our delivery of the items to the carrier. Replacement of products and credits to your account for shipped merchandise claimed as not received are subject to our investigation, which may include postal service notification. We will replace products and credit your account at our discretion. All Canadian sales occur in the US. The risk of loss and title for items purchased by Canadian customers passes to you upon our delivery of the items to the carrier, which occurs in the US. The carrier acts on behalf of the Canadian customer to deliver the purchased items into Canada. Canadian customers are responsible for all applicable sales, retail, commodities, goods and services, harmonized, excise, VAT, indirect taxes and like taxes, fuel surcharges and all other taxes, duties, customs, levies, fees, charges, retributions, import and export taxes and charges, liabilities and/or other rights assessed or levied or to be assessed or levied in the future by any competent public, government, legal, taxation, customs agency, department or other federal, provincial, state, municipal or local authority.
10. ReturnsReturns are accepted within 45 days of your order date for orders placed on www.ethicalinc.com and shipping within the contiguous United States. After we receive your returned items, we will process your refund onto your original form of payment. Original shipping and handling fees and “Duties & Taxes Reimbursements” will not be refunded. Please allow 5-10 business days from receipt of your returned item(s) for your refund to post. Please note that all sales to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and APO/FPO addresses are final. For more information on returns, refunds and exchanges, please review the policies below. If you would like to exchange or return a product, please contact Ethical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on returns please go to our Return Policy page.
11. Warranty DisclaimerTHE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED, THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH OTHERWISE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ETHICAL INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ETHICAL INC. DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ETHICAL INC. DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. PRODUCT WARRANTY. COMPANY HEREBY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS (THE “LIMITED WARRANTY”) THAT THE PRODUCTS SHALL CONFORM TO THEIR APPLICABLE FOOD LABEL, AND BE FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION FOR THE APPLICABLE SHELF LIFE FOR EACH PARTICULAR PRODUCT (AS APPLICABLE, THE “WARRANTY PERIOD”). COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES REGARDING THE PRODUCTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
12. Limitation of LiabilityTHE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. ETHICAL INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE, EVEN IF Ethical Inc. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
13. Typographical ErrorsIn the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, we have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your bank or credit card charged. If your bank or credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, we will immediately issue a credit to your bank or credit card account in the amount of the charge.
14. CopyrightThe technology underlying the Site and the entire contents of the Site including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images, photographs, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilation or code is copyrighted under the United States, Canada and other copyright laws, and is the property of Ethical Inc. and protected by copyright and other intellectual property or proprietary rights. The work includes works that are licensed to Ethical Inc. All rights reserved.
15. TrademarksAll trademarks, service marks and trade names of Ethical Inc. on the Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ethical Inc. or their respective owners. Our trademarks may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.
16. IndemnificationYou agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Ethical Inc., its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers from and against all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms of Service, or any activity related to use of the Site (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Site using your identification or password.
18. Third-Party Links and SitesThis Site may link to other websites operated by third parties. We have no control over these linked sites, each of which have separate privacy and data collection practices independent of Ethical Inc. We are not responsible for and do not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any third party site, any website accessed from a third party site or any changes or updates to such sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a third party site and agree that we are not responsible for any loss or damage you may incur from dealing with such a third party site. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable third party site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such third party site.
19.1 UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONSWe welcome your feedback and comments regarding our products and services. However, we cannot accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials, and we ask that you not submit any creative ideas, suggestions or materials of any kind to us. We hope you will understand that it is the intent of this policy to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by Ethical Inc.’s professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we ask that you not send us any original creative ideas, suggestions or materials of any kind, including show designs, photographs, drawings or original artwork. If you send us creative ideas, suggestions or materials of any kind despite our request not to do so (an “unsolicited submission”), you acknowledge and agree that we may treat the unsolicited submission to be non-confidential and non-proprietary in each instance and in all respects. All unsolicited submissions made by you shall be the sole property of Ethical Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.
19.2 REQUESTED SUBMISSIONSFrom time to time, we may solicit creative ideas, suggestions or materials from users of our Site. If you at any time send, provide us with or post creative ideas, suggestions or any other materials in response to our request (each, a “requested submission”), you acknowledge and agree that we may treat the requested submission as non-confidential and non-proprietary in each instance and in all respects.
19.3 SHARED SUBMISSIONSSubmissions may also be provided in the form of opinions and views posted to community pages, chat rooms, blogs, bulletin boards, or discussion forums by persons who use (“User”) the Site (“shared submission”, together with unsolicited submission and request submission, “submissions”). You are responsible for all submissions you provide to the Site, and you represent that you have all necessary permission to submit, post and otherwise make available such submissions. Ethical Inc. makes no claims to ownership of shared submissions and you shall continue to retain all ownership rights in your shared submissions and the right to use your shared submissions as you see fit.
19.4 OTHER RIGHTS AND GUIDELINES REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSIONSYou agree that we have no obligation of confidence to you with respect to any submission and we shall not be liable to you in any way for any use or disclosure of any submission. We may use any submission without restriction for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, personalization, publication, broadcast or posting, and you hereby irrevocably waive, release and give up any claim that any use of such submission violates any of your rights including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary or other property rights, publicity rights or right to credit for the material or ideas. You hereby irrevocably grant to us the right, but not the obligation, to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast, license, perform, post, sell, translate, incorporate, create derivative works from, distribute and otherwise use the submission in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without according you any compensation or credit. By submitting a submission to us, you represent that such submission is original to you and does not conflict with, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights and rights of publicity and/or privacy. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your relationship with us is not a confidential, fiduciary or other special relationship, and that your decision to make a submission does not place us in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to your submission. You understand and acknowledge that we have broad access to ideas, products, designs and other materials related to our business, and that new ideas, products, designs and other materials are constantly submitted to us or being developed by our own employees. Many submissions that we receive or ideas, products, designs and materials that are independently developed by us may be competitive with, similar or identical to your submission. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of our use of any such similar or identical submission or independently developed ideas, products, designs or materials. You acknowledge that, with respect to any claim you may have relating to or arising out of our actual or alleged exploitation or use of any submission you make, the damage, if any, caused thereby will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to injunctive or other equitable relief or to in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of any production based on or allegedly based on your submission, and your rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law. While Ethical Inc. strives to keep our content accurate, complete, and up-to-date, we cannot and do not guarantee or endorse, and are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of any content, whether provided by Ethical Inc. or by Users. Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available by Users or third parties, including but not limited to bloggers, are those of the respective User or other third party and not of Ethical Inc.. Ethical Inc. does not have any obligation to prescreen, edit, or remove any submissions provided by Users that are posted on or available through the Site.
20. Notice Regarding Medical AdviceEthical Inc. provides health and fitness information that it believes to be of use. However, our articles are not written by medical professionals, and should be read for informational purposes only. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR CURE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS. NO INFORMATION PROVIDED SHOULD BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL DEVICE. THE U.S. FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION HAS NOT EVALUATED ANY STATEMENTS, PRODUCTS, HEALTH TOPICS, SUGGESTED PRODUCT COMPOSITIONS, OR LAB TESTS ON THIS SITE. THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR OTHER LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. THE SITE MATERIALS, SUCH AS TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, AND INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. You should consult with a licensed medical doctor prior to engaging in any fitness activities described on Legion Athletics, or using any supplements or other nutritional items recommended, to ensure that such practices are safe for you. Our Commitment to Accessibility Ethical Inc. is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility. These core values are fundamental to the way we do business and come through in the services we provide and the experiences that we design for people. To this end, we are continuously taking steps to improve www.ethicalinc.com and ensure it complies with the best practices and accessibility standards, including the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 Levels A and AA success criteria. We are always continuing to evaluate and improve the accessibility of our website. If you have an accessibility-related question, comment, or problem, please email our Customer Service team at email@example.com and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies.
21. ARBITRATIONEthical Inc. is committed to customer satisfaction. Part of that commitment is in ensuring in a fair, effective and cost-efficient manner. Most of the time that you have a concern, that concern can be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction if you will first give us an opportunity to resolve your problem or dispute. Before initiating arbitration, you acknowledge and agree that you will first give us an opportunity to resolve your problem or dispute. This includes sending a written description of your problem or dispute to Us including, but not limited to, information or representations related to our products and upon which you rely. You may seek to resolve any customer concerns through our Ethical Support services at firstname.lastname@example.org or send the written description by Mail to 1050 Lakes Drive, #225 West Covina, California, 91790; Attn: General Counsel. You agree to negotiate with Us in good faith about your problem or dispute. If for some reason your problem or dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction within 30 days after our receipt of your written dispute, You agree to the dispute resolution provisions below. These Terms of Service provide that disputes may be resolved in binding arbitration or small claims court. Our arbitration agreement for U.S. disputes, which is set forth below, has been designed to make arbitration as convenient and inexpensive for our customers as possible.
21.1 Arbitration Agreement: United States OnlyBy agreeing to the Terms of Service, You agree that You are required to resolve any claim that You may have against the Site on an individual basis in arbitration, as set forth in this Arbitration Agreement. This will preclude You from bringing any class, collective, or representative action against the Site, and also preclude You from participating in or recovering relief under any current or future class, collective, consolidated, or representative action brought against the Site by someone else. You and the Site agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your use of the Site, to your purchase or use of any the Site’s product, or to your participation in the membership program, will be resolved by binding individual arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. This includes, but is not limited to, any dispute, claims, or controversy arising out of or relating to any part of the Terms of Service, or the existence, breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof; or (b) your access to or use of the Site’s services or products at any time. Such dispute shall be submitted to the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) for individual arbitration in the county of your billing address (or such other location as You and the Site mutually agree) and shall be before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by the AAA pursuant to its Consumer Arbitration Rules and Procedures, only as modified by this agreement. The parties agree that the arbitrator (“Arbitrator”), and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any disputes relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The Arbitrator shall also be responsible for determining all threshold arbitrability issues, including issues relating to whether the Terms of Service are unconscionable or illusory and any defense to arbitration, including waiver, delay, laches, or estoppel. By agreeing to individual arbitration, you understand and agree that you are waiving your right to maintain other available resolution processes, such as a court action or administrative proceeding, to settle any disputes or claims. The rules in arbitration are different. There is no judge or jury. Although review is limited, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as would be available in court, and must enforce the same limitations stated in these Terms of Service as a court would. No Class Actions: You and the Site each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated, or representative action. This means that you and the Site agree to arbitrate in our individual capacities only, not as a representative of a class, a member of a class, or a Private Attorney General. Likewise, an arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party’s copyright rights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
21.2 Rules and Governing LawThe arbitration will be administered by the AAA in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules then in effect, except as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available at https://www.adr.org/sites/default/files/Consumer_Rules_Web_1.pdf. The rules of the arbitral forum will govern all aspects of this arbitration, except to the extent those rules conflict with these Terms of Service. Notwithstanding any choice of law or other provision in the Terms, the parties agree and acknowledge that this Arbitration Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (“FAA”), will govern its interpretation and enforcement and proceedings pursuant thereto. It is the intent of the parties that the FAA and AAA Rules shall preempt all state laws to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the FAA and AAA Rules are found to not apply to any issue that arises under this Arbitration Agreement or the enforcement thereof, then that issue shall be resolved under the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
21.3 Arbitration ProcessYou can begin the arbitration by submitting a Demand for Arbitration, which is a statement containing basic information about the dispute: (a) the names, addresses and phone numbers of the parties involved (you and Ethical Inc., in most cases); (b) a description of the dispute; (c) and a short statement of the relief you are seeking. The AAA provides a Demand for Arbitration form on its website. Or you may contact the AAA at 800-778-7879. Complete the Demand for Arbitration and make at least four (4) copies. Keep one copy for your records. Send one copy to Us by certified mail at General Counsel, Notice of Dispute, Ethical Inc., 1050 Lakes Drive, #225 West Covina, California, 91790 (“Notice Address”). Send the final two copies of the Demand for Arbitration to the AAA. Please be sure to include (1) a copy of the Site’s arbitration provision (you may obtain a copy from our website); and (2) the appropriate JAMS filing fee. We’ll promptly reimburse you this amount when we receive a copy of your Demand for Arbitration if your claims are for less than $75,000. If you’re unable to pay the AAA filing fee, please inform us by writing a letter to the above address and we’ll arrange to pay it directly if your claims are for less than $75,000. The filing fee is currently $200, but the AAA may change the amount of the fee. You may obtain the amount of the fee by consulting the AAA’s rules. Those rules may be obtained by visiting the Consumer section on AAA’s website, or by calling the AAA at 800.778.7879. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing.
21.4 Arbitrator’s DecisionWithin 14 days from the conclusion of the in-person or telephone hearing or from the submission of all written evidence to the arbitrator, the arbitrator will render a written decision. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings of fact and conclusions of law on which the award is based. Judgment on the award may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude the parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction. An arbitrator’s decision shall be final and binding on all parties. You and We agree that any awards or findings of fact or conclusions of law made in an arbitration of their dispute or claim are made only for the purposes of that arbitration and may not be used by or on behalf of any other person or entity in any later arbitration, litigation, or proceeding of any dispute or claim involving Ethical Inc.. You and we agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither of us will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which we were a party.
21.5 Alternative PaymentIf, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the Arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of Ethical Inc.’s last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then we will:
21.6 Attorney’s FeesEven if you are not entitled to this alternative payment We will reimburse You for your reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses if it is required to do so under applicable law. And, We won’t attempt to collect from You the attorneys’ fees We incur in arbitration even when permitted to do so under applicable law, except as permitted in the event of a frivolous case.
21.7 Arbitration Costs in Frivolous CasesExcept as otherwise provided for herein, we will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse us for all monies previously disbursed by us that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. For frivolous cases in which your demand is $10,000 or less, your share of the costs is currently limited to $200, though the AAA may change that amount.
21.8 Arbitration Costs for Claims Exceeding $75,000In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek more than $75,000 in damages, the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
21.9 ConfidentialityAll aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential, other than as part of an appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction.
21.10 Arbitration Agreement: CanadaIn Canada, if a dispute is not resolved through our Ethical Support Services, the parties involved in the dispute may agree to resolve the dispute using final and binding arbitration. If the parties elect to use arbitration, claims shall be referred to the ADR Institute of Canada. For a copy of the procedure to file a claim, or for other information about this organization, contact them as follows: www.adrcanada.ca.
21.11 Opt-Out Procedure Applicable To All ConsumersYou can decline this agreement to arbitrate by emailing Us at email@example.com and providing the requested information as follows: (1) Your Name; (2) the URL of the Terms of Service; (3) Your Address; (4) Your Phone Number; (5) and clear statement that you wish to opt out of this arbitration provision in the Terms of Service. The Opt-Out Notice must be emailed no later than 30 days after the date you first accept these Terms of Service.
21.12 Severability, survival and waiverIf any portion of the Terms of Service are found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (1) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed; (2) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to the Arbitration Agreement; and (3) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. The failure of Ethical Inc. to assert a right under these Terms of Service or insist upon compliance with any term or condition of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of that right or excuse a similar subsequent failure to perform any such term or condition by You.
22. TerminationThese Terms of Service are applicable to you upon your accessing this Site. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Warranty, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Privacy, Submissions, Indemnification, Arbitration and Miscellaneous, shall survive any termination of these Terms of Service.
23. Gift Card Terms & Conditions for Ethical Inc. Services
23.2 PurchaseGift cards are available in any denomination between $20.00-$1000.00 USD. The amount of the gift card that you purchase will be charged to your bank or credit card upon your confirmation and submission of the order.
23.3 RedemptionTo make a purchase with an Ethical gift card, the gift card holder must visit www.ethicalinc.com to redeem the gift card toward the purchase of eligible products from Ethical Inc.. Each purchase amount will be deducted from the gift card total credit balance until that balance equals zero. If an order exceeds the amount of total available credit on the gift card, the remaining balance must be paid with another form of payment.
23.4 ExpirationYour Ethical gift cards have no expiration date.
23.5 LimitationsGift cards cannot be used to purchase other Ethical gift cards and they cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account, unless otherwise required by law.
23.6 RefundsGift card purchases cannot be refunded. Purchases of items from www.ethicalinc.com can be returned pursuant to our return policies set forth in this policy and elsewhere.
23.7 Risk of LossWe are not responsible if a gift card is misplaced, lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission, and we have no obligation to replace a gift card under such circumstances.
23.8 FraudEthical Inc. reserves the right to close member accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained gift card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on the www.ethicalinc.com website or mobile application.
23.9 Limitation of LiabilityTHE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING QUEBEC, DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LEGAL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. ETHICAL INC. MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW.
23.10 Contact InformationFor general questions, please contact Ethical Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.