What are the signs of a miscarriage? What most people don’t know is most people experience miscarriages in the first few months of pregnancy. About 85% of miscarriages happen before week 12. The main sign of miscarriage is vaginal spotting or heavy bleeding.
Photo Credit: PeopleImages
Some of the main symptoms of miscarriage are:
- Cramping in the abdomen
- Mild to severe back pain
- Weight loss
- Fluid discharge from vagina
- Feeling light headed
If you are pregnant and experience these types of symptoms, you need to contact your doctor immediately.
Here are the different types of miscarriages:
- Incomplete miscarriage- Abdominal or back pain, bleeding, etc. And if you have an open cervix at this particular time then a miscarriage is inevitable.
- Complete miscarriage- The embryo empties outside of the uterus.
- Missed miscarriage- The embryo died but there are no symptoms that go with the miscarriage like bleeding or pain.
There is a lot of different things that can cause the miscarriage and here are some of those things:
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol or illegal drugs.
- The next thing is a weakened cervix, and this is when the muscles of the cervix are weak, and it opens too early during pregnancy which results in a miscarriage.
- Placental issues- If the placenta develops abnormally then blood supply from the mother to the baby is interrupted.
Some of the health issues that can influence a miscarriage is:
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid gland problems
Other things that influence miscarriages are obesity and being under weight. A research study that was published in the International Journal Of Obstetrics reported that underweight women were 72% more likely to suffer a miscarriage during the first 3 months of pregnancy.
The most common diagnostic tests to determine if you have a miscarriage are a blood test, ultrasound scan, pelvic exam, etc.
Some of the simplest lifestyle tips to lower the risk of a miscarriage:
- is to eat a healthy diet.
- avoid smoking,
- avoid drinking alcohol.
- and avoid any recreational drugs.
- maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy.
The Bottom Line is some of the common signs of a miscarriage are back pain, pelvis pain or vaginal bleeding and cramps. If you experience any of this, then consult your doctor immediately to have them run a diagnostic test to determine if you do have a miscarriage.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness, weight loss or health goals. You can get a discount below at this link.