How to lose 2 pounds a week? Diet and exercise are the two important things to help you lose 2 pounds in a week. To lose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit and the deficit is created by burning more calories than you consume. To lose 1 to 2 pounds per week you need to burn at least 500 to 1000 calories more than you consume per day to achieve that goal.
How to lose 2 pounds a week? Photo credit: iStock-stefanamer
Some good weight loss tips to help you lose weight or bodyfat is:
- Drink up to 8 glasses of water daily that will help keep you full and suppress your appetite.
- Eat at least 4 servings of fruits and vegetables that will help to increase your fiber intake. Fruits and vegetables are low in calories and high in nutrients. And eating these with every breakfast, lunch and dinner meal will help to suppress your appetite.
- Stay away from processed foods.
- Limit eating at fast food restaurants.
- Replace alcohol, soda, and sugary fruit drinks with drinking water.
- Cut back sugar as much as possible and stick to natural sugar from fruits.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains.
- Focus on low dairy products, lean meat like chicken, fish, and lean beef in moderate amounts.
There are two different types of exercises you can do to help you lose weight. One is cardiovascular training and the other is resistance training. Your cardio can be either walking, swimming, jogging, cycling, gardening, walking up steps, dancing, etc. If you do this at least 3 to 4 days a week at 30 minutes a day that will help you tremendously with weight loss.
The different types of resistance training you can do are resistance band exercises, dumbbell weights, body weight exercises, machine weights. The only way to burn calories is you have to move and without movement you are going to have a difficult burning any type of calories.
How many calories you burn depend on the frequency, duration, and intensity of the physical activity. The easiest form of exercise which is the lowest impact on your joints is walking. Walking is a form of cardiovascular exercise that just about anybody can do whether they are 18 years old or 90 years old.
If you have two legs you can walk and that is a good form of exercise to help you lose 2 pounds per week or to maintain a healthy heart.
Some of the other health benefits of exercise is improving your moods, strengthening your cardiovascular system and reducing your blood pressure levels.
“Diet and exercise are the two important things to help you lose 2 pounds in a week. To lose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit and the deficit is created by burning more calories than you consume.” Celebrity Fitness & Nutrition Expert Obi Obadike
The Bottom Line is if you need to lose 2 pounds per week then following a diet program that has you consuming anywhere from 1200 to 1800 calories per day is ideal.
And following an exercise program that has you performing cardiovascular workouts about 3 days a week at 30 minutes a day and incorporating resistance training at least 3 days a week. If you do this collectively it will help you lose weight and drop bodyfat.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness, weight loss or health goals. You can get a discount below at this link.
- Losing weight: Getting started. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/getting_started.html. Accessed Nov. 15, 2019.
- Do you know some of the health risks of being overweight? National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/health_risks_being_overweight/Pages/health-risks-being-overweight.aspx. Accessed Nov. 15, 2019.
- 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and The Obesity Society. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2014; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2013.11.004.
- 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines. Accessed Nov. 15, 2019.
- Physical activity for a healthy weight. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html. Accessed Nov. 15, 2019.