What to eat for lunch to lose weight fast? Some of the best lunches that you can eat to lose weight fast are foods that have vegetables, fiber, and proteins. Vegetables are high in fiber and low in calories so it will suppress your appetite while making you fuller. Most protein foods are low in calories and will keep you full and satisfied by making you eat less food.
Here are some good lunch meals you can eat to help you lose weight.
Black bean soup is a good weight loss lunch meal which is high in fiber and protein. It contains a good source of Vitamin B and folate.
Lentil soup is a good plant-based lunch meal. It has carbs, proteins, and fiber. And it is low in calories which will help you lose weight.
What to eat for lunch to lose weight fast? Photo credit: iStock-insta_photos
Zucchini noodle stir fry with chicken is a good weight loss lunch meal. Zucchini has a lot of fiber and micronutrients. And the chicken in this meal provides a lot of protein which will help you lose weight.
A chicken quinoa salad is a good weight loss lunch meal. It has a good source of protein, whole grains and fiber which will help suppress your appetite. The chicken has protein in it and the salad and veggies have fiber, and the quinoa has whole grains. So, it is a good low calorie weight loss meal.
Veggie wrap is a good weight loss meal which contains whole wheat tortillas, veggies, carrots, cucumbers, etc. The edamame has protein, and the avocado has a healthy fat, and all those nutrients will make you feel full. And veggie wrap is low in calories, so it is a suitable weight loss meal.
Turkey and broccoli lunch meal is a 6 oz turkey and a ½ cup of broccoli and a ½ cup of brown rice. This is a good low calorie weight loss meal that gives you protein, fiber, and some carbs. The protein and fiber will fill you up and suppress your appetite. And this is a low-calorie meal which is important.
Chicken, Asparagus, and unsalted almonds is a solid weight loss lunch meal. This is a good low-calorie meal that can help you lose weight. A 6 oz chicken breast, 10 asparagus spears and ¼ cup of unsalted almonds. This meal doesn’t exceed 400 calories and it contains protein, fiber and healthy fats that will help make you full and suppress your appetite.
The only way you can lose weight is you have to be in a caloric deficit which means consuming less calories than your body burns. And if you can do this with your diet then you will lose weight the healthy way. A good healthy goal is losing 1 to 2 pounds per week as that is a healthy and sustainable weight loss approach.
A calorie deficit of 500 calories per day is what is needed to lose 1 pound per week. And a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day is what is needed to lose 2 pounds per week.
“Some of the best lunches that you can eat to lose weight fast are foods that have vegetables, fiber, and proteins.” Celebrity Fitness & Nutrition Expert Obi Obadike
The Bottom Line is the best lunch to lose weight within a normal time frame is foods that contain a high amount of fiber and protein. These foods are high in nutrients and low in calories. They will keep you feeling full and make you eat less food.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness, weight loss or health goals. You can get a discount below at this link.
- Marangoni F, Corsello G, Cricelli C, Ferrara N, Ghiselli A, Lucchin L, Poli A. Role of poultry meat in a balanced diet aimed at maintaining health and wellbeing: an Italian consensus document. Food Nutr Res. 2015 Jun 9;59:27606. doi: 10.3402/fnr.v59.27606. PMID: 26065493; PMCID: PMC4462824.
- Chan YM, Bailey R, O’Connor DL. Folate. Adv Nutr. 2013 Jan 1;4(1):123-5. doi: 10.3945/an.112.003392. PMID: 23319130; PMCID: PMC3648733.
- Wallace TC, Murray R, Zelman KM. The Nutritional Value and Health Benefits of Chickpeas and Hummus. Nutrients. 2016 Nov 29;8(12):766. doi: 10.3390/nu8120766. PMID: 27916819; PMCID: PMC5188421.
- Pawlak R, Berger J, Hines I. Iron Status of Vegetarian Adults: A Review of Literature. Am J Lifestyle Med. 2016 Dec 16;12(6):486-498. doi: 10.1177/1559827616682933. PMID: 30783404; PMCID: PMC6367879.
- Tran E, Dale HF, Jensen C, Lied GA. Effects of Plant-Based Diets on Weight Status: A Systematic Review. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2020 Sep 30;13:3433-3448. doi: 10.2147/DMSO.S272802. PMID: 33061504; PMCID: PMC7533223.