What are the best fiber foods for losing weight? Eating fiber promotes weight loss, lowers blood sugar levels, reduces cholesterol level, reduce the risk of heart disease. And it can help minimize certain cancers from occurring.
Fruits and vegetables are the best fiber foods to eat that will help you lose weight. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends that men should consume about 38 grams of fiber for men and 24 grams of fiber for women. Most Americans don’t meet the daily recommended fiber intake as most Americans typically consume half of what they are supposed to be getting fiber wise.
The Best High Fiber Foods To Help You Lose Weight.
- Bananas contain about 3 grams/fiber, and it has vitamin c, vitamin b-6 and potassium.
- Carrots– 1 cup of carrots is equal to 3.6 grams/fiber. And it contains vitamin k, vitamin b-6, magnesium, and beta carotene.
- Broccoli- 1 cup of broccoli is equal to 2.4 grams of fiber, and it is loaded with vitamin c, vitamin k, iron, potassium, magnesium, and it contains antioxidant cancer effect properties.
- Brussell Sprouts– 1 cup of brussels sprouts is equal to about 3 grams/fiber. And is high in vitamin k, potassium, folate, etc.
- Kidney Beans– 1 cup of kidney beans contains about 12.2 grams/fiber.
- Chickpeas– 1 cup of chickpeas contains about 12 grams/fiber.
- Quinoa– 1 cup of quinoa contains iron, zinc, potassium and contains about 5 grams of dietary fiber.
- Oats has a soluble fiber called beta glucan and it has beneficial effects on blood sugar and cholesterol levels. It is high in vitamins and minerals and one cup of oats contains 16 grams of fiber.
- Almonds has healthy fats, vitamin E and magnesium. 3 tablespoons of fiber are equal to 4 grams of fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes has vitamin b and carotene, and a medium potato has about 3 grams of fiber.
- Walnuts– one ounce of walnuts contains about 6.7 grams of fiber.
- Pistachios– one ounce of pistachios contains 10 grams of fiber.
- Sunflower seeds– one ounce of sunflower seeds contains about 11.1 grams of fiber.
- Pumpkin seeds– one ounce of pumpkin seeds contains about 6.5 grams of fiber.
- Beets– is a vegetable that has iron, folate, copper, and potassium. One cup of beets is equal to 3.8 grams of fiber.
- Spinach is a vegetable that has 2.2 grams of fiber for 1 cup.
- Kale is a vegetable that has 3.6 grams of fiber for 1 cup.
- Tomatoes is a vegetable that has 1.2 grams of fiber for 1 cup.
- Popcorn is high in fiber and one cup of popcorn is equal to 1.15 grams of fiber.
- Apples is a fruit that has a lot of fiber, and one medium apple contains 4.4 grams of fiber.
What Are The Best Fiber Foods For Losing Weight? – photo credit: newannyart
“The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends that men should consume about 38 grams of fiber for men and 24 grams of fiber for women.”- Celebrity Fitness & Nutrition Expert Obi Obadike
The Bottom Line: eating any fiber food will reduce your appetite and make you feel fuller which will help you lose weight. So, these fibers foods mentioned above are mostly fruits and vegetables which are great natural appetite suppressants.
If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical Supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness or health goals, you can go to https://ethicalinc.com/product/probiotic
Quagliani, D., & Felt-Gunderson, P. (2016). Closing America’s Fiber Intake Gap: Communication Strategies From a Food and Fiber Summit. American journal of lifestyle medicine, 11(1), 80–85. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827615588079
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics