What exercises will strengthen my calves? Anytime you are building your body the most important thing is being symmetrical. And calf development like any other body-part there is a huge genetic component to the shape and its potential.
Because some people just do not have any calf development at all, and they too have train it every other day just for it to look half-way decent. And some have extraordinary calf development and do not have to do much to maintain the shape. So, genetics plays key in to how often you train for it to look respectable.
Why should you do Calf Workouts?
- Calf raises stabilizes your feet and ankle and helps with increasing mobility and strengthening your ankles.
- Calf raises are good for your joints and helps to stabilize your knee especially when you are doing any jumping fitness exercises.
- Well trained calves help with increasing your vertical jump, high jumps, sprints, and any explosive fast twitch movements. It helps tremendously with your speed and agility.
What is a good calf exercise?
- Seated Calf Workouts- 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises with your bodyweight- 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps
- Donkey Calf Raises- 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises with Machine- 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps
- Calf Raises with Leg Press Machine- 3 to 4 sets of 20 reps
- Jump Roping- 3 to 4 sets of 20 to 25 seconds
What exercises will strengthen my calves?
When executing a calf workout because it is such a small body part it requires you doing a high number of reps to really engage the muscle. And if calves are one of your worst body parts I would advise doing them every other day or every day. You can have a day that is hard calf day, and the next day can be an easy day and do that throughout the week. Calves is similar to abs where you can train it every day and it recovers very fast.
Those are the only body parts that you can train them every day and you wont overwork it or get an injury. When executing any seated calf raise it is important to pause at the top to really engage your calf muscle. Most people neglect training calves on leg day because it is not the most exciting exercise to train. Just incorporating a simple walk while engages the balls of your feet will improve your calf strength.
We all want to build a symmetrical body whether we are a man or a woman. And calves although it may sound insignificant is important in the fitness workout process. Imagine having a fit and healthy body from head to toe and then having extremely tiny calves like a cartoon character. It is not going to look good and here is the perfect analogy on that. It’s like wearing a great shirt or sweater and then wearing ugly visually displeasing pants or skirt. The two do not go together it is no different than a fit upper body, fit thighs/legs and then non-developed extremely tiny calves.
“Calves is very similar to abs where you can train it every day and it recovers very fast”
Balance is key in how you should workout and balance is key in how you build a healthy and fit body. If you have any interest in trying any of our Ethical supplement products to help you heighten your immune system or assist you with your fitness or health goals.
You can get a discount below at this link.